Getting to First - Registration details for Leduc Minor Softball
Welcome to Spring!
The Leduc Minor Softball Association (LMSA) executive has been busy since the end of the last season. We have made some changes and more changes are on the way, but here are the things you need to know about now.
- The LAST REGISTRATION NIGHT will be on Friday March 4th at the Leduc Rec Centre from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Community Information Registration Night. I have attached a copy of the registration form so you can fill it out ahead of time and bring it with you when you come to register.
- Due to the economy, we have kept the registration fees the same as last year. We do not want to put any additional financial hardship on the parents that would prevent someone from playing softball. Softball is still one of the least expensive sports around town.
- There have been some changes to the Canadian Tire Jumpstart program. This program is for parents that are undergoing financial hardship, and it will cover the registration fees so that their kids can play sports. We have used this program for the past few years and every year we have had kids able to play softball because of this program. We will have the forms at the registration nights, but if you would like one earlier so that you can fill it out before you show up please let us know and we will send you a form.
- This year we are strictly enforcing the late registration fees, and will be charging a fee if a player drops out once the season starts. Also the uniform deposit amount has gone up to help cover the cost of those uniforms that have gone "missing".
- Our website www.leducminorsoftball.ca is totally redone so check it out when you have a chance at and let us know what you think. Currently on the home page is a link to download the 2016 registration form. We will be adding more stuff all the time so visit often.
- This year we will be having our first ever MANDITORY PARENTS MEETING which will be held at 7 PM on April 20 in the lobby of Christ the King school before the season officially starts. The executive has a big decision to make and we need input from all the parents before the decision is made. We will let you know what the decision will be about at that the meeting, as it is a sensitive issue. Originally the meeting was to be held in the LRC but those facilities became unavailable.
- If you know of anyone who would be interested in playing softball please let them know about the registration nights. If they have any questions we will be more than happy to answer them.
Some other notes:
- Some coaches are returning and some are not, so we do have some openings. Please let us know if you are interested. If you are the coach, you do not have to do the fundraising.
- We have some openings on the executive and we can really use the help. Please let us know if you can help out. If you are on the executive you do not have to do the fundraising.
- We are putting a photo album on the new web page. If you have some pictures that you would like to put on our website please let us know.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please drop us at note at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
See you on registration night!
Leduc Minor Softball Executive
P.S. If your child will not be playing softball this year please let me know and I will stop trying to contact you.
Merv Fiebelkorn, Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org