Stay updated with upcoming events and more.
Ball is back!!!!!!!
Leduc Jets Fastball is returning to play! For all of our current membership, check your email to register! For those who are new to the sport and want to get their kids out, email us for more information! We are offering:
We can’t wait to get back into the diamonds!
WHAT WE KNOW:
- We will be offering training starting April 5 indoor at the LRC, moving to outdoor the first week of May (Elks diamonds and Willow Park)
- Softball Alberta and GEMSA have committed to creating a season where kids will be able to play games. This is pending on an AHS decision, but we anticipate that we will know soon how outdoor sport will be looking for the 2021 season. They have proposed a "regular season" as well as a cohort option
- The season is not anticipated to go past the last week of June, unless a team is destined for provincials.
- Practice nights may vary thoughout the week
- No Volunteer commitment for the 2021 season
We are currently looking to fill the following board positions:
Board members have their Fundraising and Volunteer requirements waived.
What better way to learn play the great sport of softball than with the Leduc Minor Softball Association? We offer Leduc and District youth the opportunity to:
Make new friends
Create lifelong memories
Enhance physical coordination
Gain a sense of belonging
Learn new skills
Understand a sport for a lifetime of recreation
Lets face it, learning the fundamentals of softball is critical to the development of young people more than practically any other game. Unlike most other sports such as soccer or football, virtually every small town and community district within a city provides opportunities for girls, boys, women and men to play some form of softball at every age of your life. From first-time Tee-Ball playing tots to aging adult Slowpitch enthusiasts, there is an appropriate league for practically everyone.
"When we played softball, I'd steal second base, feel guilty and go back"
~ Woody Allen
"There'll be no sugar and spice when I'm on the mound"
"When all the girls were getting all made up and getting into all that girl stuff in junior high I was out playing softball"
~ Catherine Bell
"Softball. There ain't nothing soft about it!"
"When I step into batter’s box, the fans, the noise, the cheers, they all disappear. For that moment, the world is just a battle between me and the pitcher. And more than anything, I want to win." ~Mary W., second base, California
~ Mary W
Learn, like, love
"You learn softball, you learn to like softball, then you learn to love softball."
"My responsibility for my team is to make them play for the team on the front of the jersey not the back."
~ unknown coach